BSE Sensex stock market, NSE Nifty50 hit record highs; Details here
Bombay: The Indian stock market continued to hit new highs. The stock market saw history today as the BSE Sensex climbed around 500 points and the Nifty50 broke the 16,800 mark for the first time on Monday morning. Sensex hit a new high of 56,630.52, while the Nifty50 on the National Stock Exchange hit a record 16,854.70 points, according to the IANS report.Read also – Launch of the new Yamaha R15S V3.0 at Rs 1,57,600, Rs 13,200 cheaper than the Yamaha R15 V4
- At around 10:10 a.m., Sensex was trading at 56,614.27, up 489.55 points or 0.87% from its previous close of 56,124.72, IANS reported.
- Sensex opened at 56,329.25 and hit an intraday low of 56,309.86 points, according to the IANS report.
- Nifty was trading at 16,849.65, up 144.45 points or 0.86% from its previous close, according to the IANS report.
- The market rose following global gains after a conciliatory speech by Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell on Friday.
- Healthy buys were seen in metals, autos and financials stocks.
- The main Sensex winners were Tata Steel, Bharti Airtel and Larsen & Toubro, while the only losers were Tech Mahindra and NestlÃ© India.
Read also – Break: Madhya Pradesh lifts the lockdown, the night curfew; Movie theaters and shopping malls will operate at 100% capacity Also Read – Dengue Outbreak: Dengue Cases Rising In Children At Alarming Rate, Know Reasons And Precautionary Measures Here | Watch the video