Dubai Financial Market PJSC: Press release – DFM launches new equity futures on (DEWA) and (GFH Financial Group) shares

DFM launches new equity futures on shares of (DEWA) and (GFH Financial

Band)

Dubai, June 13, 2022; As part of its strategy to diversify investment opportunities, Dubai Financial Market (DFM) today launched new equity futures contracts on individual stocks of two of its major listed companies, namely; Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) and GFH Financial Group.

The new launch brings the number of companies to which the DFM provides futures contracts on their individual stocks to 12 listed companies with 1, 2 and 3 month terms.

-Ends-

About Dubai Financial Market: The Dubai Financial Market (DFM) was established as a public institution with its own independent legal entity. DFM operates as a secondary market for trading in securities issued by public limited companies, bonds issued by the federal government or one of the local governments and public institutions in the country, units of investment funds and any other financial instrument, local or foreign, which are accepted by the market. DFM commenced operations on March 26, 2000 and became the first Shariah-compliant Islamic stock exchange in the world since 2007. Following its IPO in November 2006, when DFM offered 1.6 billion shares, representing 20% of its paid-up capital of AED 8 billion, DFM became a public joint-stock company and its shares were listed on March 7, 2007 with the trading symbol (DFM). Following the IPO, the Government of Dubai retained the remaining 80% of DFM Company through Borse Dubai Limited. www.dfm.ae

For more information, please contact:

Atef Fathy

Vice President – Head of Media and Public Relations

Dubai Financial Market

Tel: 04-305 5334

E-mail: [email protected]

Dubai Financial Market

Press release

1

Disclaimer

DFM – Dubai Financial Market PJSC published this content on June 13, 2022 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on Jun 13, 2022 05:42:07 UTC.

Comments are closed.